WooCoomerce Inventory Control Glitch

Primary tabs

PJ's picture

I ran into an interesting glitch within WooCoomerce inventory control on the WordPress framework this week.

The problem:

When a customer ordered a product item from the site, the inventory in WooCommerce did not automatically reduce by the number ordered.

I noticed there was a global inventory count as well as a product level inventory count for the variable products. If the “Enable stock management at product level” is selected, it creates a conflict with the global stock quantity and the stock did not reduce.

Solution:

Deleting the global stock quantity, in this case 197, allowed the stock management at product level to engage and stock started to reduce as expected.

Inventory Control WooCommerce